Saturday, June 18, 2011

Papa

You called me over when I was young and told me you wanted to see how strong I was.
I was eager to impress you so I obliged.
You told me to put my hand in front of my face and try to keep it there, while you tried to pull it away.

I thought I was doing so well as I strained against your arm.

Until you let go.
You did.

And I hit myself so hard I ended up on the ground with a bleeding nose.

You helped me up, and said “Let that be a lesson. You can always trust me because i will always be by your side for the rest of your life.”

I believe,

Despite what had happened,
there was more love in that sentence than a thousand bed time stories.

I love you Papa, for the rest of my life. I'm sorry for being rebellious, childish, sensitive, and maybe for some things i did that might hurt you.

You are the best ever.

Happy father's Day.

:)

No comments: